SMOKED FISH FILO
Spinach, stalks removed and blanched
Feta Cheese, crumbled
Smoked fish, flaked
Salt and pepper to taste
4x Filo pastry sheets
Melted Cocavo Chilli & Lime
1. Lay the filo sheets out on the table then either brush with melted Cocavo Chilli & Lime, each sheet. Lay on top of each other to form a stack.
2. Cut into strips lengthwise, (around three per sheet)
3. Combine the spinach, feta and smoked fish in a bowl and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Take a tablespoon of the mixture and place on the bottom of the Layer filo.
5. Now fold into triangles to seal the mixture in and from a triangular parcel.
6. Brush or spray again with Cocavo Chilli & Lime and place into a preheated oven at 180°c until golden.
7. Remove place onto a platter and serve with Sweet Thai chili sauce.
Chefs tip: Ensure you keep the filo sheets under a damp cloth to stop them drying out.
Note, any smoked fish or chopped shell fish may be used.
MUSSEL WITH PARSLEY PARMESAN CHEESE CRUST
500g mussels steamed open and ones not opened discarded
2 tbsp Cocaco Chilli & Lime
3 tbsp shredded or freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
1 tsp Crushed Garlic
Freshly ground Black Pepper
1. Take the opened mussels and remove one side of the shell,
2. In a large bowl mix together the balance of the ingredients then spoon over the half mussels.
3. Place onto a warm to med BBQ (lid down or cover) until the cheese melts then serve with a hot chilli or Soy sauce along with French bread stick.